As Facebook approaches 800 million users, every business is in on the Facebook trend. Everyday, I see more businesses with signs out front that say “Like Us on Facebook”. As a customer I have to ask, “what’s in it for me”?
Just because you have a Facebook page doesn’t mean I’m going to “like you”. What are you offering me that entices me to form a relationship with you?
Facebook may be a game changer in the social media world, but business relationships haven’t changed. Unless you have something to offer me; unless you have a reason to engage me socially; unless you have something that would make me want to want to be your fan (or friend), I’m not going to “like you” on Facebook.
However, there are four reasons I will “Like you” on Facebook.
- You have a product or service that makes my life better or easier.
- I have an incredible experience with your company and want to tell others about it.
- You offer me special deals that I would not otherwise get.
- I believe that by associating with you:
- my image will be enhanced (Ahem…Not me personally of course, I mean generally)
- I am part of a community of like-minded people.